CLP is a 3 day course with a total of 32 hours of instruction in the following areas for mechanical or conventional logging:
- Day 1 (8 hours in the classroom)
- Intro. to CLP
- CLP Code of Ethics
- Intro to Safe & Efficient Harvesting
- Transportation Safety
- Intro to the Business of Logging
- Logging Safety/OSHA Regulations
- Day 2 (8 hours in the classroom)
- Forest Management & Silviculture
- Conserving Fish & Wildlife
- Water Quality & Logging
- Controlled Yarding
- Hazardous Material Training
- Harvesting Regulations
- Day 3 (8 hours)
- Level I Game of Logging training for conventional loggers or mechanical harvesting systems
- Certification Interview Form Review
- Day 4 (optional, 8 hours in the classroom)
- 1st Aid Training/CPR
Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Skowhegan – April 26 – April 29 – Register
Lincoln – May 10 – May 13 – Register
Fort Kent – May 17 – May 20 – Register
Additional classes may be held upon request. Class locations and dates may change based on registrations.
Please review the class schedule and select a preferred date and location. Your selection will be confirmed with a letter sent to you one week before the start of the class with times and location.
Class size is limited, so early registration is recommended
Guarantee your spot: Space is available on a first-pay, first-serve basis. Registration and tuition payments must be submitted at least one week before class starts.
Cancellation and Relocation: If CLP must relocate or cancel a class, participants will be given either a full refund or credit for an alternate class. Should the participant fail to attend without one week’s notice before the start of the class, no refund will be granted. Substitutions will be allowed.
$500 – Includes all program materials, lunch each day and the on site interview for certification.
$100 (optional) -Additional payment to include first aid and CPR certification.
The field interview will be conducted on the CLP candidate’s job site within 6 months of completing the class. A first aid /CPR card will be required on the day of evaluation.